Monday, December 15, 2014

Light Box Project "Stained Glass Owl"



 
For this project I really wanted to explore the relationship between color and light. I had painted the owl on canvas with acrylic, which is originally part of a four piece work. I photographed the owl then edited it using Photoshop. Upon talking about my idea with the class, before I had finished fully editing, the class said it reminded them of stained glass, so I wanted to run with that idea and see what I could do with it. To achieve this look I knew the background would have to go with the owl as well. So, I layered the owl's feathers in the background, and felt as though it had achieved the stained glass look I was going for. Overall, I believe my attempt at using both color and light successfully in the light box was successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment