Monday, December 9, 2013

Part 3 Final-Painting Record Player

Before the project parameters were completely assigned and described I knew I wanted to have a painting record player. At first my idea was to somehow, have the record playing on one side, while painting the other side. Since I wasn't sure how it would sound through a cone-perhaps too quiet, and because I wasn't sure how I would get it to spin, I decided I should use the record player. After talking to others and Patrick we decided building a platform would make more sense and be more practical. Then I added in a paint catcher, and spray painted all pieces. I also needed a platform to hold up the paintbrush that was going to paint it, but then found a perfect moving Santa that has a constant back and forth motion, and glued a paintbrush to his hand. The project worked perfectly, with the exception of Santa's pressure making the record sound very slow here and there. I chose a gold and red theme for the holidays and also put that in Santa's clothes to further tie him in. Overall, I am very pleased with how this project turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment