Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Collage Intervention "If You're a Bird, I'm a Bird"

"If you're a bird, I'm a bird," the famous saying from the film The Notebook that everyone seems to think describes true love or even their own love story as well. All over social media as well as everyday life people quote this love story. My piece however, has one bird murdering the other, showing that if one bird hurts the other, don't forget if you're a bird, I'm a bird. In the background are all of the classic ideas and images of a happy relationship, it can look so beautiful to others and like you are both love birds right out of The Notebook. In reality when it comes down to it, it has to be realized that behind closed doors relationships are not always what they seem. There are also negative images in the collage that show this idea as well. All of the images and quotes behind the birds were picked and taken from my own magazines, then scanned in and edited in Photoshop. The bird I had cut out of the original image and painted gold. Then I made my own bird, the dead bird and painted it gold as well. I then placed it over my background and spray painted the frame gold as well. My idea plays off of the overused quote from The Notebook, and hopes to transform it to a more realistic idea of relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment